ICC Word Twenty20 is the International Championship of Twenty 20 Cricket, The First Twenty 20 Cricket World Cup was held in 2007 in South Africa and now in this 2012 the T20 World Cup is going to be held in Srilanka this year.In 2007 this cricket tournament was held in the same month of September 2007 as this year this International Cricket tournament will be held in September 2012. That time India becomes the champion and at that Time Shahid Afridi and Yuvraj Singh was Mn of the Tournament. In the very next t20 World Cup 2009 England hosted that event and Pakistan won over Srilanka.
So the Second T20 World Cup winner was Pakistan. In that 2009 Tournament Man of the Tournament was Dilshan. Now its turn to talk about the third Tournament and that ICC World Twenty 20 Tournament winner title was snatched by England through skills and some extra ordinary strikes so far. This year’s International Cricket Council (ICC) World Twenty20 is the fourth competition yet to be held in Sri Lanka from September 18 to October 7, 2012. Now let see who will be the winner of this 4th Tournament 2012.
T20 Cricket World Cup Winners
Main Twenty20 World Cup Records (Individual & Team)Batting
- Most Runs: Mahela Jayawardene – 615 (18 matches) (2007-2010)
- Highest Average: Rohit Sharma – 60.60 (12 matches) (2007-2010)
- Highest strike rate: Chris Gayle – 153.47 (11 matches) (2007-2010)
- Highest Score: Chris Gayle v South Africa – 117 (57 balls) (2007)
- Highest Partnership: Mahela Jayawardene and Kumar Sangakkara v West Indies – 166 (100 balls) (second wicket) (2010)
- Most Runs in a Tournament: Tillakaratne Dilshan – 317 (7 matches) (2009)
- Most runs in an over: Yuvraj Singh against Stuard Broad – 36 (2007)
- Most wickets: Shahid Afridi – 27 (20 matches) (2007-2010)
- Best Figures: Umar Gul v New Zealand – 5/6 (3 overs) (2009)
- Most Wickets in a Tournament: Dirk Nannes – 14 (7 matches) (2010)
- Most Dismissals (wicket-keeper): by Kamran Akmal – 21 (20 matches) (2007-2010)
- Most Catches (fielder): AB de Villiers 16 (16 matches) (2007-2010)
- Highest Score: 260/6, by Sri Lanka vs Kenya (2007)
- Lowest Score: 68 all out, by Ireland vs West Indies (2010)
Share your words with us about T20 Cricket World Cup Winners if you still remember those moments when Teams becomes champions.